How to reach Varanasi
Being a culturally significant center in the state, Varanasi is well connected with the major cities across the country. Varanasi houses an airport in itself. The city is also well connected with railways from all major cities in the country. One can also travel to Varanasi by road. Traveling by road to Varanasi is an exciting experience in itself.
Travelers can hire chauffeur-driven cabs to Varanasi from all major cities in the vicinity with TaxiBazaar. TaxiBazaar assists with the most comfortable trips to Varanasi. Our premium taxi services make your trip to Varanasi the most enjoyable experience. Travelers can book taxis to Varanasi with TaxiBazaar at pocket-friendly fares.
Best time to visit Varanasi
The best time to visit Varanasi is Winter (November - February) since the temperature is low and there is a calm breeze throughout the day. Summers in Varanasi experience high and dry temperatures. It is best to avoid the summers since they are hot, dry, and sunny making outdoor sightseeing difficult.
Places to Visit
• Kashi Vishwanath Temple - Situated on the western bank of the holy river Ganga in Varanasi, Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas or temples devoted to Lord Shiva. The temple holds immense religious importance in Hindu communities. The temple has 800 kg of gold plating on its tower. On the outside, the temple is adorned with intricate carvings that give the temple its unique royal charm.
• Bharat Mata Mandir - A unique shrine in the city of Varanasi, the Bharat Mata Temple is dedicated to the country of India. The temple does not have any deity, but a map of the country that is respected much by the visitors. The temple is a unique concept built to immortalize the culture and spirit of Mother India.
• Tulsi Manas Temple - Dedicated to Lord Rama and named after the saint-poet Tulsi Das, the Tulsi Manasa Temple is one of the prominent temples in Varanasi. It displays the Shikhara style of architecture and exhibits various inscriptions from the Ram Charit Manas on the walls of the temple. The temple is a must-visit during the months of Saawan (July - August) when it opens up a special display of puppets, related to Ramayana, and is a fun experience for everyone.
• Banaras Hindu University - Spread across 5.3 square Kilometer, the Banaras Hindu University is the largest residential university on the continent, residing 30000 students on the campus. One of the most prominent universities in the country, the Banaras Hindu University is an architectural marvel in the city. The Indo-Gothic architecture and the sprawling lawns add to the beauty of the place.
• Assi Ghat - The Assi Ghat is placed at the confluence of the Rivers Assi and Ganga and is famous for the large Shiva Lingam installed under a peepal tree. The ghat holds immense religious importance. The tourists flock to the Assi Ghat to enjoy the amazing view of the sunset and sunrise at the Ganges. The evening aarti at the Assi Ghat is a must experience when in Varanasi.
• Alamgir Mosque - Alamgir Mosque is a 17th-century structure built by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb on land which once had a Shiva Temple and was destroyed by him. The mosque is an architecturally spectacular building constructed according to the Indo-Islamic style with exquisite minarets and lofty domes.
• Sankat Mochan Mandir - The Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple is situated by the River Assi built in the 1900s. Dedicated to Lord Rama and Hanuman, the temple holds much religious significance.
We believe this brief guide will come in handy to you; the next time you plan a holiday in Varanasi. Travelers can explore the best of the city and experience the bliss in the holy city with our taxi services and visit the best places in Varanasi most comfortably. Sit back and relax in the comfortable cabs booked with TaxiBazaar, and enjoy your trip to the cultural hub of India most comfortably.